
1) What does "Open Source" mean? Well, I think that it means that the program or object is free of charge, and "open" to the world for use. There are lots of open source programs, web sites, and objects out there. For example, there is http://www.google.com/ - and open source web search, theres Yahoo.Com's tool bar that is free for download at there home page. A big one that everybody pretty much has, is a messenger, for example Hot-mail - a huge messenger that is free for download, but you can choose to pay for it if you are wanting more memory for e-mail, but you have to be willing to pay the money. It's not forcing you to pay it, it's up to you. Some more are Wikipedia - the great, free, online encyclopedia. There is also ask.com, and for all you adults out there, there is that great, free online banking system, that most banks offer.
2)What does "Human Knowledge Belongs to the World" mean? I think that it means that what someone knows, everyone should know. For example, in this movie that we recently watched, they guys are trying to crack the code to make global broadcast possible. They are planning to make it open source, only charging money for text support, but there competitors are doing the same thing but they aren't making it open source, there making it so you have to pay for the program and the text support. "Human Knowledge Belongs to the World" is a good statement, cause it does.
3)How has technology changed or effected my life? First of all the Xbox 360 has put probably the most impact on me, just cause I play it about everyday. It's great! Another thing that has changed my life is computers, without computers I wouldn't be so into roller coasters, because of the computer game Roller Coaster Tycoon. Another object that has changed my life is cell phones, they are the way of communicating around the world now. Soon that's all we'll have, is cell phones. Those are some things that I think have changed my life the most.
4)Of all the technology, which one do I think has changed the world the most? That's easy, Cell Phones. They are the way of communicating around the globe. Without cell phones, many companies couldn't travel around the world. Land lines are good methods of communicating, but not when your on the go. For example, if you are out doing something and your parents are wondering where you are, they can just call you up on your handy dandy cell phone and check in. Cell phones have put the biggest impact on the world for sure, and I don't mean that stupid E-Smog stuff... There are some negative sides to cell phones though, texting, people just don't have the same communication skills as they used to.
Those are my answers to the 4 questions about AntiTrust movie.
Cord Christiansen
5 comments:
For all you friends and family out there wondering "what is this?" or "you ok cord?", well yes i'm ok and this is my school project for my business web design class. Just ignore it.
P.S. I told you this was mainly a blog for school.
Hi Cord! Actually, I really enjoyed reading this! It was very intersting and you are a good writer. I hope it snows soon, too! John and I are coming out there for Christmas and we really want to go skiing. We should all go together. You can snowboard and we'll ski. I am excited to see you!
Hey em, thanks! We should all go up to brighton again, that was fun!
Wow. I should check in on this blog more often. You are really a great writer! Neat opinions and thoughts. Good thing they make you do this stuff at school, or you would never find such hidden talents!
Can't wait to read your blog about the first adventure post-drivers permit!
Can I join in on the fun? Since I hardly ever see you, I love reading your blog too! You couldn't have wished for a snowier Winter than this--so hope you're getting lots of snowboarding experience! Just don't fall off any chairlifts, like your old Grandma, OK?
Post a Comment